Welcome to the Acton Skating Club Website!
Serving the Acton Community since 1964
Welcome to our Fall/Winter 2023-2024 Skating Season!
Winter Registration is now closed for our
Learn to Skate programs for this season.
Lessons finish Tuesday March 5 or Thursday March 7.
Our next session starts in October 2024 for our Learn to Skate Programs ( Canskate, Pre-Canskate, PrePower).
Our Figure Skating Program (Starskate) starts in September.
A Quick Guide to our Programs * click links for details
- Parent and Tot - Ages 2-4, parent/ guardian is on the ice with the skater, 30 minute lesson
- Pre Canskate - Ages 3-5, skaters skate independently with the coaches, 30 minute lesson
- Canskate - Ages 5+, skaters skate independently with the coaches, 60 minute lesson
- Ages 5+, they should be able to skate forwards, walk backwards or have completed CanSkate Stage 5/6
- Focus is on correcting and enhancing skating posture, form and technique, both forward and backward, with the addition of speed and power.
- full hockey equipment is required
- Pre Star / Star 1 - introduction to figure skating, guided warmup, group lessons and practice stations while learning the fundamentals of figure skating, helmets worn until completion of Stage 6 of Canskate,
- Star 2-5 - some group lessons, skaters work on skills to prepare for a variety of levels in Dance, Freeskate and Skills, private coaching is required
- Star 6-10 - skaters work on skills to prepare for a variety of advanced levels in Dance, Freeskate and Skills , private coaching is required
- Ages 16+, meant for the adult learner
- learn to Skate as a new beginner OR improve your skating skills as this program addresses many levels
- a professional coach will leads skaters through a 50 minute session that includes a warm up, lesson time and practice time
**Daytime Learn to Skate!! - Pre-Canskate and Parent and Tot
We have added a new time for young skaters who are available during the day. Thursday mornings lessons include a Parents and Tot sessions for ages 2-4 where an adult and child can skate together. Our pre-Canskate session is also available for ages 3-5 for young skaters to be out on their own with a certified instructor. Check for more detail on our website.
**New StarSkate night available
Our StarSkaters can choose from Tuesday, Thursday and now Friday ice. See program details for times.
Full Season Discount Available for Learn- to-Skate Programs
Register by October 9 for at least 1 fall and 1 winter learn-to-skate program ( Canskate or PreCanskate) for the same participant and receive $50 off the winter 2024 registration fees!
High School Volunteer Hours Available!
The Acton Skating Club requires volunteers to help run many aspects of the programs. We use volunteers to act as program assistants on the ice to help in our learn-to-skate programs. All volunteers must be comfortable on hockey or figure skates. Skills will be assessed by our coaches prior to being allowed on ice. It is a great way for high school students to get their volunteer hours! Send us an email or touch base with one of the board members for additional information.
Adult (16+) Learn to Skate!!
We have added a new learn to skate program for those ages 16+ on Thursdays from 9:00-9:50.
Come enjoy learning in an adult environment from a professional coach!
Look for details about the program on our website.
Please consider joining the club as a volunteer. If you are unsure as to what is involved, any of the board members would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Reach out to any board member or email us if you are interested in helping out in any way.
We look forward to the opportunity to offer Pre-Canskate, CanSkate, PrePower and StarSkate sessions in the 2023/2024 season!